Dispute a Toll – Exceptions for Paying a Toll
Unless specifically exempted by law or policy, all registered vehicle owners are required to pay for travel on Mobility Authority-operated facilities.
For tolls to be waived, one of the following must be demonstrated:
- The vehicle was sold or transferred to another party before the referenced travel
- The vehicle/license plates were reported stolen before the referenced travel
- The vehicle was leased or rented before the referenced travel
If your vehicle falls into one of these categories, please complete the Toll Violation Defense Form and submit it along with supporting documentation.
Examples of supporting documentation include:
- Bill of Sale dated and signed by both parties
- Title dated and signed by both parties
- Odometer Disclosure Statement including the date the vehicle was purchased/sold
- Repossession Statement dated and signed
- Police Report showing the vehicle was lost/stolen
- Letter from the insurance company stating the vehicle was salvaged
- Statement from the rental/leasing agency showing dates of lease
Email is the best way to ensure that your dispute has been submitted. Simply email copies of all supporting documentation and your Toll Violation Defense Form to ViaPlus (formerly Cofiroute) at [email protected]. All documentation received must include a date, the vehicle license plate number and/or the invoice number to be accepted.
If you are unable to scan and email the relevant documents, you may fax or mail the documents to the attention of ViaPlus at (949) 754-0199 or PO Box 3649 Pflugerville, TX 78691. All disputes will be acknowledged in writing within five (5) days of receipt.
Important Documents to Download
Toll Violation Defense Form
If you would like to dispute your toll due to the vehicle (or license plates) being sold, leased, rented or stolen at the time of the violation please fill out and return this form.
Texas Motor Vehicle Transfer Notification
If you would like to transfer your vehicle to another person, please fill out and submit this form to your local DMV office. This service is also available online if submitted within 30 days of sale.
Change of Address for Texas Vehicle Registration
Under Texas law, toll bills must be mailed to the address registered with the DMV. If you would like to provide a change of address to the DMV please fill out and submit this form to your local DMV office.
Vehicle Transfer Notification Letter from Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (examples)
If you transferred the vehicle to another person, please obtain a title transfer notification letter from the DMV. To see examples of these letters, please click on the links below.