What are Electronic Tags?
Electronic tags remain the easiest, most cost-effective way to pay tolls on 183A, 290 Toll, the MoPac Express Lane, 71 Toll Lane, 45SW Toll, 183 Toll and other toll roads across the state of Texas. Open a tag account and save 33% off the Pay By Mail toll rate.
The Mobility Authority currently accepts TxDOT’s TxTAG, NTTA’s TollTag, HCTRA’s EZ TAG, Kansas Turnpike Authority's K-Tag, Oklahoma Turnpike Authority's Pikepass and BancPass/PlusPass.
Electronic tags are an electronic payment method; you mount the tag sticker on the inside of your windshield behind the rearview mirror and an electronic reader above the toll road sends a signal to the microchip inside the sticker. Then, the tolls are automatically deducted from your tag account, provided there are sufficient funds and your license plate information is up to date.
Click on the logos below to learn more or sign up to receive your tag.
TxTAG is a local electronic tag option for toll road customers. There are multiple ways to pay your TxTAG toll bill, including online at TxTAG.org, or calling the TxTag Customer Service Center (CSC) by dialing (888) 468-9824 during the business hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday for assistance. International customers call 001-214-210-0493.
You can also go in person at the Customer Service Center in Austin, where cash, check, money order and/or credit card payments are accepted during the business hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday and Friday or 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
You can learn more about the payment options for the Dallas and Houston-area tags here:
You can learn more about other payment options accepted on Mobility Authority roadways here:
Mobility Authority Registered Accounts
Avoid the hassle, sign up for a pre-paid account and save. Register for a pre-paid account and pay 33% of the Pay By Mail rate.
Drivers who use Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority toll roads but don’t want an electronic tag can choose to register for a pre-paid account and not have to worry about receiving Mobility Authority invoices in the mail.
- Receive discounted toll rates on Mobility Authority operated toll roads
- Manage your account online
- Add, change, or remove vehicles
- Change or update your contact information and payment methods
- View transactions
- Tolls are paid automatically with your credit or debit card
- Avoid administrative fees by signing up for E-Statements and text message notifications
How it Works
- Sign up online or over the phone
- Add $25 to your registered account
- Each time you take a Mobility Authority operated road, the toll will automatically be debited from your account
- When your account balance reaches $15, you will receive an alert to add additional funds
- Your debit or credit card will be charged $20 to replenish your account
Each month on your anniversary date (the date you signed up for the registered account) you will receive an account statement showing all transactions. Sign up for E-statements and text alerts and avoid the $1 processing fee.