Qualified Veteran Discount Program
Please review all information before continuing to the program registration form at the bottom of the page.
About the Program
The Board Members and staff of the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority honor and appreciate the service of the men and women of our military forces, past and present. The Qualified Veteran Discount Program allows qualified veterans to drive toll-free on 183A Toll, 290 Toll, the 71 Toll Lane, 45SW Toll, and 183 Toll. The MoPac Express Lane is not eligible for the program as price is determined by demand. Program participation is limited to one (1) vehicle per veteran, or for those who qualify for a hardship exemption, the limit is two (2) vehicles per veteran. Veterans must meet eligibility requirements and register for the program. More information can be found in our frequently asked questions or watch the video below.
Registration in the program is not automatic. To be eligible to participate in the Qualified Veteran Discount Program, the Mobility Authority requires that at the time of the transaction the vehicle be compliant with the following:
- Standard registration with the State of Texas, Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Vehicle must be registered in the name of the qualifying veteran
- Issued a qualifying specialty plate and have it properly displayed
- Congressional Medal of Honor
- Legion of Valor recipients
- Purple Heart recipients
- Disabled veterans who qualify and meet the requirements for specialty license plates
- Have no outstanding Mobility Authority toll violations
- Please contact ViaPlus (formerly Cofiroute) at (833) 762-8655 to address any outstanding balances.
- ViaPlus bills in 30-day cycles, so you may not have received a bill for outstanding balances. Tolls incurred prior to successful registration in our program must be fully resolved to be eligible for participation in the discount program.
- Electronic tag account properly displayed and associated with the vehicle's license plate
You must have an electronic tag to participate in the program. We accept TxTag, TollTag, EZ Tag, K-Tag, Pikepass, SunPass, or BancPass.
Program enrollment is not automatic. After ensuring you have a qualifying license plate, electronic tag, and no outstanding toll charges, fill out the Program Registration Form and click Submit. You will need your vehicle information, license plate number, and full electronic tag ID. Please select your tag provider from the drop down menu and then enter your electronic tag ID number.
After submitting the registration form, please allow 5 business days for a confirmation email to be sent to the registered email address confirming program enrollment. If you do not receive this email after 5 business days, you may email us at [email protected] or call us at (512) 450-6317.