Barton Skyway Ramp Relief Project
Project to add pavement for auxiliary and merge lanes on southbound MoPac at the Bee Cave Road and Barton Skyway entrance ramps.
Travel impacts for the weeks ahead include the following:
SUN (6/11) 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. The two right lanes on southbound MoPac will be closed from north of Barton Skyway to south of Capital Parkway.
SUN (6/11) through FRI (8/4), the southbound entrance ramp south of Barton Skyway to MoPac/Loop 1 will close temporarily. Detour through the signalized intersection at Capital of Texas Highway Loop 360 and use the next ramp. Learn more.
*All closures are subject to change based on weather and other circumstances.
Non-tolled improvements include adding pavement for auxiliary and merge lanes on southbound MoPac at the Bee Caves Road and Barton Skyway entrance ramps. This intends to alleviate congestion at Winsted Lane, Enfield Road, Bee Caves Road, and Barton Skyway, and improve travel time throughout the corridor.
Overwhelming demand for the southbound MoPac corridor near Barton Skyway has exceeded capacity of the existing configuration. Due to weaving associated with the current entrance ramp configuration, only 60 percent of existing capacity is being utilized during peak hour traffic. Drivers are experiencing unpredictable travel times and route delays.
- Substantial traffic queueing occurs at Loop 360 southbound exit
- Peak hour travel times are up to 38 minutes
- Mopac ranked in the top 100 of Texas' Most Congested Roadways
The project improvements include:
- Southbound auxiliary lane from Barton Skyway to Loop 360
- Acceleration lane for the southbound Barton Skyway entrance ramp
- Three dedicated through-traﬃc lanes at Loop 360
- Dedicated left lane exit ramp for southbound Loop 360
- Improves travel time by up to 40 percent
- Improves vehicle throughput by up to 47 percent
- Serves an additional 770 vehicles during the afternoon peak period
- Reduces traﬃc merging conﬂicts at entrance ramps
Estimated Cost: $10 million
Funding Source: Mobility Authority
Sign up for updates about the project or contact our team using the contact form below. You can also call us at 512-996-9778.